Like a lot of you, I watched Diane’s Sawyer’s “20/20 Special My Reality,” on this past Friday night and I was tempted to dash off a quick review but thought better of that. The main reason being a question that was asked towards the end of the program.
And one I’ve heard before whenever the #MeToo Movement is discussed. The question is, “How can I, as a regular guy, protect myself from losing my job because of false #MeToo allegations?”
So, after giving it some thought, I came up with the following questionnaire. If you answer NO to all of the following questions, then you probably won’t get false allegations of sexual harassment thrown at you. But, if you answer even one YES, you might want to rethink your actions or get a lawyer.
1. Do you often use words such as bitch, slut, whore, pro, fat cow, bimbo, or MILF? Is your day-to-day language punctuated with other vulgar or four letter words?
2. Instead of telling a female co-worker that she looks nice and/or that a blouse or skirt looks good on her, you say,” your breast are really high and perky today. Or, “those jeans really make you ass look good.”
3. Do you place your hands on your female co-workers, i.e., giving them unwanted hugs, back rubs, shoulder rubs, or wiping unseen smudges off their faces?
4. Are you having unscheduled/unplanned meetings in backrooms, cleaning closets, supply rooms, or cars?
5. Are you asking for sexual favors in return for raises, promotions, a better schedule, or time off?
6. Do you ‘punish’ uncooperative females by forcing them to work someone else’s hours as in forced overtime?
7. Do you rattle the change in your pocket when your female coworkers walk by? Or pull out your money and count it in front of her?
If you’re a regular guy doing any of the things above, then you have reason to fear #MeToo.
A Tiny Kitten With A Big Mouth
(Did you, before you knew what this website was about, think this title meant something else?)
Eliza D. Ankum
Flight 404 – A Novel of Aviation Disaster
Ruby Sanders (The Ruby and Jared Saga Book 1)
Jared Anderson (The Ruby and Jared Saga Book 2)
OneThreeThirteen – A Presidential Agent Novel Series Book 1
The Hunt For Red November – A Presidential Agent Novel Series Book 2
Dancing With The Fat Woman
Thou Shalt Eat Dust – A Second Chance Love Story
A Woman’s Voice: A Little Book of Poems
STALKED! By Voices
Contact emails below:
Kim Foxx Cook County State’s Attorney
Senator Dick Durbin
Congressman Danny K. Davis
Illinois State Representative Emanuel ‘Chris’ Welch
Illinois State Senator Kimberly Lightford
Maywood Mayor Edwenna Perkins
Maywood Police Chief Vladimir Talley